It rhymes!!! LOL!

After looking for quite some time, I finally settled on this one. What I know - not much. Receiver serial number and barrel indicate 1929 manufacture. The green/grey finish indicative of arsenal refit of some sort? The sight slider is marked with a 6 (.60") and an R (Remington stamped the milled parts they made?). There are no other identifying marks or etchings on the rifle. It has a dovetailed super fine front sight blade with no cover. It has a very bright bore with sharp rifling - main reason I chose this one after looking at three others. The stocks are well used but not abused or excessively beaten or marked up, even the dings seem to be few for a 90 plus year old service rifle. It would seem surrounding serial numbers went to Clarkson College, maybe this one did as well and was mainly an ROTC training/drill rifle?

Yes, it's still dirty/dusty from whomever last stored it, I am still making friends with it and waiting for the two hours I anticipate needing to properly clean and lube it.

My plan is to hunt this at least once with Remington 165 Cor-Lokt, after shooting it a bit with similar power ball rounds, and then just admire the snot out of it at home, take it out for a fun day once in awhile.

If anyone can tell me anything more, strong supposition or fact, I will be very grateful!

Attachment 119411Attachment 119412Attachment 119413
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.