Last On
    04-15-2022 @ 06:06 PM
    Local Date
    05-12-2024
    Local Time
    07:15 PM

Repro No 4 Mk 1 T Issues

Hello all!

So I have recently picked up a reproduction No 4 Mk 1 T sniper for a deal I couldn’t refuse, and I’m having some issues with it and am in need of assistance.

The rifle itself is quite nice, and at least visually it appears that whoever did the installation of the pads did a decent job of it. The scope (No 32 Mk 1 style) and bracket feel very solid and appear to be slightly older reproductions. The scope feels rather well built, with blued steel and parts like the elevation/windage turrets seem to be brass under black paint. The optic has no markings of any kind on it to identify, nor does the bracket. It came with the can for carrying it, as well as adjustment tool.

Now for the issue I’m having. It doesn’t seem like the previous owner ever fired the rifle much (if at all), and I suspect the reason why is that the scope reticle is canted rather badly. The post is very noticeably pointing up to the left side of the scope.

My first instinct was that the pads were likely to blame, but after reading the the very helpful articles by Mr Laidlericon, I’m beginning to think that the scope cant/alignment issue may actually be due to some issues with the repro bracket itself. Unfortunately I seem to have just barely missed the boat on Mr Payne’s excellent brackets, so fixing this one is really my only option short of scrapping the whole project and just plugging the holes in the receiver. I’ve been doing some digging on the forum trying to find an answer, and have seen references to some known issue with some repro brackets being out of spec and causing this problem.

Does anyone recall what the issue could be, or have any ideas on how this can be corrected? I have some experience fitting side mounted scopes like on Mosin PU snipers, however the No 4 T setup is new to me and I am taking this slow so as not to mess anything up more than it already has been.

Appreciate any assistance and thanks for your time!
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Last edited by K.H.; 08-26-2021 at 11:51 PM.

2. Thank You to K.H. For This Useful Post: