Quote Originally Posted by browningautorifleicon View Post
The FAL should be a metric thread first off...and the slotted flash hider an Imperial. That is if it's UKicon made, if it's an Indian it's different. The Indian guns were a mix of Metric, Imperial and other. That way they didn't pay royalties. For the slotted FH you need the spacer, a locating washer and pin. I don't see the little washer, just the pin... There are several sizes and you have to have a tight fit so not just any spacer will do. They're hard too... The FH on your metric will be TIGHT...they screw on "rightie tighty lefty loosie" like the rest.
Jim, always good to hear your advice. The key is already placed into the rather dirty slot of the FH. Ive collected a 0.125 dia roll pin as well so I can use either. If I have to cut the slot in the barrel myself Ill adjust to the key.

So wait, which is LH thread? The long thin 3 prong L1A1 FL or the muzzle brake looking FAL FH? As to the barrel mfr, I just dont know where there barrel was made. I suppose I could remove the handguards and look for markings, but I dont recall seeing any when I changed from plastic the the present woof furniture.
The current FH is the FAL type, right? So it must be LH thread? I just dont want to clamp the barrel down and then turn the FH the wrong way. I read in FALRIFLE forum that there re a couple guys there who make and sell LH thread L1A1 FHs. I just joined that forum, so I dont have thread posting rights yet.