Hi all, I'm new here (well, officially), and I'd like to introduce myself.
I'm a mechanical engineer by profession (for more than thirty-five years, oh dear), and deeply interested in firearms technology for even quite a bit longer.
My interest for the mighty BREN (amongst others) has even taken me to Nottingham quite a few years ago, where I was kindly allowed to fondle serial number 000001 itself.
What a glorious memory...sigh...

For a bit over a year now I 've been working on a highly detailed 3D CAD model of a MkI , purely for my own entertainment and education.
It has been quite a struggle without access to an actual gun, or even proper technical drawings of it.
However, this forum was a GREAT help to me, I've found wonderful nuggets of information here. So thank you very, very much for your generous contributions!

I've uploaded some of the resulting images to the photo gallery on this website, just keeping them for myself seemed such a waste.
If you do have a look, please keep in mind that my model isn't finished yet, and I know it is wrong in some places . But I may have missed some, so if you see any glaring, or even minute errors please do let me know!

Here's an example:
[IMG][/IMG]

fingers crossed I inserted it the proper way : )

Thanks again, Cheers!

Erik
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.