Advisory Panel
    Last On
    @
    Local Date
    05-22-2024
    Local Time
    06:43 AM

Maybe I'm OK with this current barrel

I posted about a WRA barrel that was listed for sale.
    I have some extra barrels but all only show early band use. 3 Rock Ola, 1 IBM and 1 Saginaw.
    Just doesn't seem like a good idea to swap one of these for the BA Blue Sky, when I have other more accurate shooters to pick from.
    But after further thought and looking at the last target pictures of my shooting results with the BA Blue Sky barrel on a S'G' shooter I have...... Maybe the BA is good enough, at least good enough for out to 50 yrds. Since punching these targets I put a different recoil plate on it that gave it better lock up and improved the barrel hang above the channel. But I haven't tried it since I swapped the Recoil plate.
    I do recall the morning I shot these targets was a 'Shaky' day. Maybe too much coffee or my meds kicking in at the wrong time... IDK

I posted about it here before, along with these pictures. I purchased this for $400 unseen. It was described to me (No Pictures) over the phone by my ex Field Supervisor. He'd met a Gal and was in the process of moving to the St Louis area. It was offered up by a young guy he was working with while in Missouri. I overheard another worker offering him $250 for it while we were on the phone. I told my guy I'd pay $400 and if he got it any cheaper that he could keep the extra $$ Plus I'd give him a $100 for a finders / Delivery fee. He delivered it on a return trip gathering his belongings for his move. Said $400 covered it all. I figured it was at least worth $400 just in parts, even with the BA Blue Sky barrel on it. I can say it's the 1st Carbine I'd seen with a Cast hammer in it. I remember a Stan Pro bolt but don't recall much more about internals.

Maybe this year with a big piece of cut Rosin Paper with a target on it I'll see what it does at 75 and 100 yrds. I'll try if the range isn't too busy

@50 yrds before shooting target number 3 I lowered my hold and set the 3" Bullseye on top of the frt site blade. Like a golf ball on a tee. Compare #3 to the higher holds on 1 and 2

** What do you think... Good enough for out to 50?

I found some past posts where I included these pictures. In one it describes the morning I'd had. I'd forgot about it seeming like it was shooting tighter groups as the barrel got dirty.

June 2017, How my morning and range time went:
    https://www.milsurps.com/showthread.php?t=61219

Cheers,

ETA: I just purchased my first ever Recoil Check (F in Oval) from Eddy. Always wanted to play with one but was concerned about finish wear on / around the barrel / Frt sight. That wouldn't be a concern on this one.
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	S'G' BA Blue Sky purchased unseen for $400.jpg‎
Views:	319
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	124698   Click image for larger version

Name:	Swallows M2 Rd.jpg‎
Views:	291
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	124699   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sight Hold.jpg‎
Views:	260
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	124700   Click image for larger version

Name:	25yrd Targets 2 inch Bullseye.jpg‎
Views:	267
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	124701   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hold on targets 1 and 2.jpg‎
Views:	265
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	124702   Click image for larger version

Name:	8 inch target 3 inch bull at 50 yards.jpg‎
Views:	111
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	124703  
    Last edited by painter777; 03-05-2022 at 07:39 PM. Reason: ETA: Add Recoil Check
    Charlie-Painter777

A Country Has No Greater Responsibility Than To Care For Those Who Served...