OK, so I've done the bayonets, done the rifles, done the pistols, done the mess kits and done the canteens. I've moved on to web sets. Not claiming to be complete with any of the above but sort of reached the point I rarely find anything more to add due to scarcity or price.

US early, WWI and WWII Army. It's like a damn diaper that wraps around your crap and then you drawstring everything else to it. Waterproof??? Hell no.

The Marine Corps stuff is nice, I like the haversack and how it works with the other gear.

The Mountain pack setup is also good, kind of like the Swissicon, maybe better.

Just got a Japaneseicon pack and honestly, it's fairly decent in itself but accessorizing it is wild. like 20 straps, they call it the octopus pack. It's a repro, can't find or afford an original.

Major adventure today. Just got a grouping of 1937 pattern Britishicon webbing.

1 haversack, 2 bracing straps, 1 canteen with cover, 1 belt, 1 large pack, 2 utility pouches. I already have 1 large pack, 2 shoulder straps and 1 utility pouch and one small ammo pouch (303).

So, again, the pack seems nice, although small, the large pack is nice, the belt is good but putting it all together is a living nightmare. I need to get a pair of utility straps I think, and I should be good to go with this, maybe a second set of shoulder straps. Then I need to find my e-tool and carrier and bayonet frog which are here somewhere.

I actually got the haversack, belt with attached utility pouches to fit although I could not breath and for a short period, I had thoughts of the fire company coming and cutting the damn belt off as it was so tight I couldn't get it off.

I was never a huge fan of the Alice pack because it's huge and heavy but it at least was easy to use and did carry a lot of stuff. Today's packs are great although even they seem to have gone backwards with weird straps and connections.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.