P.O. Ackley performed some amazing pressure tests with various rifles, including a lever action Winchester. He would test fire one, then cut off a lug, repeat the test, to the point one would believe the rifle would fail, but many didn't. I believe the tests are within one of his handloading manuals. He couldn't blow up an Arisakaicon either. There were two standouts for strength, the Arisaka and I forget the other one.

Michael Petrov posted a series of test using LN Springfields that boggled my mind. Those tests are posted either here or on Joustericon.

I have a Model 98 in which I have separated cases under pressure, one blowing off the floorplate and shattering the stock. It is a 257 Roberts and it is still my favorite hunting rifle. In 1968, I bought 10,000 rifle primers and most of them went through that rifle before 1972 when I graduated (finally). It still shoots MOA. I bought the barrel from PSA for $14.95 out of a comic book. It has one of the old externally adjustable target triggers with 3/8" triggers and several years ago I added a Mod 70 style safety.