1. It appears that you are you're enjoying our Military Surplus Collectors Forums, but haven't created an account yet. As an unregistered guest, your are unable to post and are limited to the amount of viewing time you will receive, so why not take a minute to Register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to our forums and knowledge libraries, plus the ability to post your own messages and communicate directly with other members. So, if you'd like to join our community, please CLICK HERE to Register !

Already a member? Login at the top right corner of this page to stop seeing this message.

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

Threaded View

Last On
    12-02-2023 @ 03:12 PM
    Local Date
    05-17-2024
    Local Time
    06:20 AM

Confusion over Special Targets, Star gauged, C&R Match rifles etc

Greetings

Spent another day at NARA and found some good gems and I really like this document. Figured it was worth sharing. (I found it before, but lost it years ago on my first laptop and didn't realize where I originally found it. Like losing your wallet and finding it years down the road with money in it.)

I like it for several reasons.

First, I like how it shows terminology is both confusing and important. I'll frequently ask people for clarification, it's not meant to challenge them or that I'm preparing for a standoff. But sometimes what someone is trying to convey isn't received in the same manner. It helps to ask before going further.

Secondly, I like how it shows terminology changes and evolves. If you talk about one item in one year, that takes on an entirely different definition only a few years later. So it helps to know "when" something is being discussed.

Hope you guys enjoy it.

If you get a different interpretation, or see something I don't please chime in.

Happy Monday!

Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

2. The Following 2 Members Say Thank You to Smokeeaterpilot For This Useful Post: