The M1905 bayonet is one my favorites and is a very handsome addition to my collection. The biggest problem is the original wooden scales that are part of the early models. It is hard to find these bayonets with unbroken or missing wood scales. Or you find them with WW2 black plastic scales (technically correct for WW2 but not earlier). The manufacture of wooden scales ceased production in the early 1940s. Finding authentic uncracked or broken wooden scales is next to impossible. In the past reproduction wood scales were never cut properly required much fitting.

Springfield 1905 Wood Bayonet Grips (GRP143)

SARCO advertised wooden scales and I haven't seen these reproductions before, so I decided to risk a few for my bayonets with wrong or broken grips.

The scales fit tightly without any trimming, but I did notice that there will need to be some trimming on the back top edge as you will see in the photos. Overall, I am pleased with the product even if they are not authentic. Gives a nice look to the bayonet. Top bayonet authentic, bottom bayonet replacements.

BEAR

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.