Real Name
    Gil Boyd
    Local Date
    05-17-2024
    Local Time
    11:20 AM

Betrayal

Cinders,
    I have indeed read David Days book THE GREAT BETRAYAL. This was bad enough but I am disgusted to have read so many more betrayals to Commonwealth Countries including India in my lifetime as an author of history for my Regiment The Parachute Regiment, of which we have a few that we can never be proud of.

I lived in Singapore for many years as my father was in the Military, and I have been back a number of times in the Army, as well as attending commemoration ceremonies in the jungle to honour our fallen in recent conflicts, the last being 2015.

We can NEVER be proud of letting you guys down, but I make no apologies for the Commanders of the day, it certainly wouldn't have happened under my watch.

So annoying and would have been so easily rectified, had people at the top known the full story and available air power and resources.
    LEST WE FORGET
    'Tonight my men and I have been through hell and back again, but the look on your faces when we let you out of the hall - we'd do it all again tomorrow.' Major Chris Keeble's words to Goose Green villagers on 29th May 1982 - 2 PARA

2. Thank You to Gil Boyd For This Useful Post: