Last On
    Yesterday @ 04:07 PM
    Real Name
    A. G.
    Local Date
    05-17-2024
    Local Time
    01:46 AM
    Very nice score! The Siamese contract rifles are a unique find, when you CAN find them.

I have only seen three in my lifetime. The first one I had ever seen was at a gunshow in 1994, and I quickly bought it with no haggling. It is a 1990's import, and like yours, has a mis-matched but correct bolt. Having only seen three, I'm not terribly versed on these rifles, but I believe the only Siamese-number marked parts are the bolt, the receiver, and the barrel. My rifle has no serial under the rear sight bar, and the nosecap is un-numbered as well. The other two I have seen were exactly the same (with very dark, oil soaked, timber). A quick glance at Skennertons LE book (page 192) states the nosecap boss' were numbered in siamese. No mention was made of the rear sight. As I said, my rifle and the other two did not have numbered nose-caps. But three rifles is a very small statistical pool, so this is by no means definitive.

Dont know if you noticed, but your rear sight bed is still calibrated for Mk 6 ammunition. I have attached a few pics of my enfield, and for comparisons. An SMLE Mk III calibrated for Mk 7 is pictured above my siamese SMLE. Note the difference in sight-bed profiles.

Good luck with your rifle, and great find!
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0205.jpg‎
Views:	177
Size:	529.5 KB
ID:	131636   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0207.jpg‎
Views:	167
Size:	978.0 KB
ID:	131637   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0209.jpg‎
Views:	171
Size:	335.9 KB
ID:	131638   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0210.jpg‎
Views:	175
Size:	414.4 KB
ID:	131639   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0204.jpg‎
Views:	163
Size:	636.0 KB
ID:	131640  

2. The Following 2 Members Say Thank You to smle addict For This Useful Post:

Last On
    05-10-2024 @ 06:41 PM
    Local Date
    05-17-2024
    Local Time
    02:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smle addict View Post
    Very nice score! The Siamese contract rifles are a unique find, when you CAN find them.

I have only seen three in my lifetime. The first one I had ever seen was at a gunshow in 1994, and I quickly bought it with no haggling. It is a 1990's import, and like yours, has a mis-matched but correct bolt. Having only seen three, I'm not terribly versed on these rifles, but I believe the only Siamese-number marked parts are the bolt, the receiver, and the barrel. My rifle has no serial under the rear sight bar, and the nosecap is un-numbered as well. The other two I have seen were exactly the same (with very dark, oil soaked, timber). A quick glance at Skennertons LE book (page 192) states the nosecap boss' were numbered in siamese. No mention was made of the rear sight. As I said, my rifle and the other two did not have numbered nose-caps. But three rifles is a very small statistical pool, so this is by no means definitive.

Dont know if you noticed, but your rear sight bed is still calibrated for Mk 6 ammunition. I have attached a few pics of my enfield, and for comparisons. An SMLE Mk III calibrated for Mk 7 is pictured above my siamese SMLE. Note the difference in sight-bed profiles.

Good luck with your rifle, and great find!
    Thanks for the help. LE and Mausers have such a variety...often times one gets bad advice because it is out of a members niche. Some good points you have forwarded...this gives me something to work on.
    Thank you very much
    Regards
    BG

4. Thank You to BGunther For This Useful Post:

5. Avoid Ads - Become a Contributing Member - Click HERE
+ Reply to Thread