I have been tasked with helping out a good buddy's dad sell his Colt 1911A1. The frame is an unaltered/unrefinished Colt 1911A1 that appears to be all Colt except the hammer may be changed out (the pin sits differently and it doesn't look exactly like Colt 1911A1 hammers I checked out on coolgunsite) and the left side grip has been changed out with a Keyes (right side is still a Coltwood). The markings are great, especially deep and silvery ordnance escutcheon. The slide is a parkerized Colt 1911 slide and the barrel is a pristine HS marked barrel (clean on the inside and has a lot of bluing. My buddy's dad got the pistol while in Korea in 1950, given to him by another soldier who took it off of a Chinese national "who didn't need it anymore". The serial number is 917xxx. What do you think is a fair price for this piece, considering that it is an unusual mix of an original unmolested 1911A1 frame but a refinished much earlier slide?

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.