The guys are right. You must be a member of a "protected class", & must prove that you were discriminated against because of that. The NAACP has used "testers" very effectively to demonstrate discrimination in housing, to the effect that it has almost disappeared.

Many years ago I had a similar experience. A gun shop on the other side of town advertised a gun in the newspaper, & I phoned the store & spoke to the owner. I told him I wanted the gun, was willing to pay the advertised price, & asked if he would hold it for me (for 1 hour) so that I wouldn't drive across town only to find it sold. He agreed, & said he would set it aside. When I got there, he told me he had sold it, & had no recollection of my phone call. I did the only thing I could: I told EVERY shooter I knew about this jerk; within a year, finances forced him to close.

Did I help put him out of business? I can only hope so. Integrity is not relative, it's absolute. Either you have it, or you don't.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.