FREE MEMBER
    NO Posting or PM's Allowed
    Last On
    04-19-2016 @ 08:20 PM
    Local Date
    05-24-2024
    Local Time
    10:16 PM
    Metzgeri Said: "-what rifle is this, you say "...98k type.."?
    -is the rear of the tang below the wood? If you cut the wrong wood out, the action could be sitting below the wood at the rear of the action and then the bolt would function stiff or not at all.

If a stockless barreled action (with all parts installed, including timney trigger) functions properly, and then when all is installed in the stock, it doesn't, then that points to your inleting job. "

Reply: It is a 98k, with correct Timney model 102. I am inclined to agree with your logic about the inletting, but dont know how else I could have done the inletting. The rear tang at the action is flush with the stock like before the inletting. The bolt in no way touches the wood. There is still a good seat for the rear action over the rear stock at the rear action screw. I did not change that surface. I HAD to cut back the stock in front of the rear action screw in order to allow the rear of the Timney housing fit into the stock there.

Below is a photo of the inlet job, did I do it wrong? You can see where I cut the stock in front of the rear action screw hole, but there is plenty of seat for the action left there I would think. Below the rear action screw hole is the trigger slot I had to open enough to let the Timney trigger housing poke through. The Timney housing does not touch the trigger guard when guard is installed.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...StockInlet.jpg

Below is what it looks like with the action installed in the stock:

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...s/000_0086.jpg
    Last edited by Gun Surfer; 04-06-2010 at 08:55 PM.