(Lee Enfield Forums)
    Last On
    09-26-2021 @ 09:58 AM
    Local Date
    05-22-2024
    Local Time
    04:07 PM
    Welcome back Ed.
    I’ll be honest I don’t know what to think here. This looks exactly like the kind of post that earned you your little holiday. Those posts disrupted this forum and in honesty I’m not sure they fit the scope of a collector oriented website. If this were say a competitive shooting site I feel the content would be more relevant. Yes we have many collectors who also shoot their 7.62mm NATO chambered Enfields BUT the information as presented has been confusing to the point of being useless because of the arguing and combative nature of the posts. Even the information from the link you posted isn’t from an expert.
    OK here is how we are going to handle this. The .308W vs. 7.62mm issue has grown to the point of being an urban legend and left many shooters confused and wondering if their rifle is safe to shoot. Unfortunately the internet has only added to the confusion and I don’t want this site to be part of the problem. If someone wishes to post below me in this thread I will expect empirical data as related by experts. I will not accept cut and past copies of what looks like home made charts from other un-named websites with no references to their source. To be a credible expert I would have to say someone would have to be ether in the field of munitions testing or some kind of proof house. If you feel you can meet these criteria please feel free to post here but be forewarned I will not allow this to degrade into a battle of personalities. If you have an ax to grind find your self another stone as I will not put up with it.
    Additionally it might be a good idea to reread the forum rules to avoid misunderstandings.
    Last edited by No4Mk1(T); 07-29-2009 at 11:59 PM. Reason: spelling

2. The Following 2 Members Say Thank You to No4Mk1(T) For This Useful Post:

3. Avoid Ads - Become a Contributing Member - Click HERE