Hello all

So, I have a Brno Model 98/22 on the way; should be here Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest (I'll post pictures then). I would like to know a little bit about these rifles. I have read the brief paragraph about them in Ball's book but I was wondering if there was more. For example, is there a way to tell to whom it was sold? I understand a large number of countries purchased them from Czechoslovakiaicon in the 20s and 30s when the Czechs re-equipped their home army with Vz23s and later VZ24s.

Also, any fun facts I should know about them in general? How about production; were they all produced between 1922 and 1923 or were some built later on contract from other countries? How commonly are they encountered? I have seen relatively few on Gunbroker lately and not many elsewhere. Additionally, which bayonet is correct for it? One assumes the long "export" style bayonet would be correct but assuming is well... assuming.

Thanks for all your help guys!
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.