Thread: Resources for finding out information.

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

Threaded View

(Deceased Nov 16th, 2019)

Last On
    01-14-2023 @ 10:08 PM
    Local Date
    06-01-2024
    Local Time
    04:44 AM

Resources for finding out information.

A lot of questions get asked on this forum. Some have a simple answer, others require a bit more experience and or research.

For our newer members, there are different ways to find answers to your questions. My feelings are they work if a person has one or one hundred carbines. I get personal satisfaction researching on my own. When I figure something out I get a feeling of accomplishment. But even the experienced enthusiasts gets hung up and looks for help from other sources.

Books. If someone invests $500-$1000 into a carbine they are a very good reference. My Carbine library is pretty extensive.
    1. About $20 U.S. M1icon Carbines Wartime Production by Craig Riesch. Paperback, 8 1/2"X5 1/2" 222 pages. At gun shows and I saw some on ebay. here is a link.
    M1 Carbines Wartime Production | eBay

2. $55-$75 each More money, but the two Larry Ruth books ( War Baby, and War Baby Comes Home) are considered by many to be the best resource out there.
    carbine war baby book | eBay

Search feature. There is a search feature at the top of the page. You can type in key works and it will take you to threads or posts relating to same.

Join a Club. One The Carbine Club puts out a newsletter with excellent pictures and articles featuring (in my opinion) invaluable information. It has a Carbine of the Month page, and a members add section. Small investment cost, big return. You can even buy back issues, all the way to issue #1. Currently that is 372 newsletters dating back to the 70's.
    The Carbine Club - A CMP Affiliated Organization

The web. Type in M1 Carbine, too much to list.

Sticky Threads, again at the top of this forum. Things that were thought to be important enough for a one button check.

This forum. People here have varied experience. Some have been collecting Carbine's a few years, others since the 60's. Great bunch of guys. Again, using the search feature will show previous threads with questions that just might have the answer you are looking for.

I'm sure there are other resources as well, but these were the first that came to mind. I hope this is of some help.

Jim
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

2. The Following 5 Members Say Thank You to JimF4M1s (Deceased) For This Useful Post: