+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lithgow No1 MkIII* rescued from local gunshow.

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

Hybrid View

Legacy Member HOOKED ON HISTORY's Avatar
    Last On
    06-10-2024 @ 03:54 PM
    Local Date
    06-12-2024
    Local Time
    01:45 PM

Lithgow No1 MkIII* rescued from local gunshow.

Located this rifle last weekend and now it is time to attempt to "unbubba". Looks simple enough.
    Attachment 31675Attachment 31676Attachment 31677Attachment 31678Attachment 31679Attachment 31680 No 1 Mk III* 1941 nice bore ,reciever and bolt match,recoil reinforcing plates installedVery lightly import marked JCC Ny,Ny under charging bridge on the right side. I believe the wood to be coachwood and therin lies the problem. BDLicon has the upper handguard but not the forend. I would like to replace the forestock with coachwood but it seems as though those are a bit difficult to find. Anyone have any ideas as to where I might start to look? Or should I try to stain to match a beech to match the coachwood? The buttstock is well marked (although faintly) and sound so I would like to retain it. Please see the photos and comment freely on this question or anything interisting I missed with the markings etc..
    Thanks as always.
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

Last On
    07-01-2020 @ 09:08 PM
    Local Date
    06-13-2024
    Local Time
    02:45 AM
    If you want Aussie coachwood, after checking with BDLicon, keep an eye on ebay. Try searching the Aussie site ebay.com.au rather than .com - There are no real issues exporting woodwork from Australiaicon, but there may be issues importing into the USAicon

PM me if you have issues sourcing a nosecap. I may have a spare in the shed.
    Last edited by paulseamus; 03-07-2012 at 06:54 AM.

3. Avoid Ads - Become a Contributing Member - Click HERE
    FREE MEMBER
    NO Posting or PM's Allowed
    Last On
    01-19-2014 @ 07:10 AM
    Local Date
    06-12-2024
    Local Time
    I just finished a 1953 Lithgowicon No Mark 3. Same importer, it was sporterized too.... even got a deer this year at 200 yards. I had a HECK of a time staining my coach woodButt stock to match but I finally did it. And it look's really great although I would have rather had all coachwood. Now for the good news. There is a full set of coachwood on EBAY.com right now. I found every part I need there. From the same guy I got mine. If my eyes aren't playing tricks with me. It's all coachwood. I would buy it but I paid a high price for my stock set as it was perfect and well marked.

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

Mine was simple. Except the accurizing parts. I was learning as I went and had to re do some things to get everything proper. I have this site to thank for that. I also landed a MUES no 1 improved for it.

Legacy Member HOOKED ON HISTORY's Avatar
    Last On
    06-10-2024 @ 03:54 PM
    Local Date
    06-12-2024
    Local Time
    JerryBO8
    I have been scanning Ebay had have seen a couple of sets but none listed as Aussie or coachwood. Tried search critera SMLE stock,Lithgowicon stock ,Enfield stock. Can you post a link? I would love to see pictures of your rifle if you care to post.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread