My range report has already been posted in the range report section, but I just wanted to say how happy I am with my 1943 BSA No.4 Mk.1, Ftr'd 1949 (funny thing is the barrel stamp is for 1948 - so FTR'd over December 1948/January 1949?). Although there was a freezing fog and visibility was down to 200 yards quite often (and my breath kept fogging up my glasses and scope lens), I managed to zero in my rifle using 1944 Canadianicon surplus, and then proceeded to blast away at a very, very small pumpkin (to see if I could hit a rabbit at 100 yards). I think I can safely say that even smaller rodents are now in danger in northern Nevada.

Quick question - what kind of groupings should be expected with WW2 surplus 303 that may not have been stored in perfect conditions? Anyone have any experiences? I think I was pretty lucky when I bought my Canadian ammo (288 rounds still sealed in the black box with the wooden box), as I think it may have been looked after very well. I only had 1 click-bang, but I think that was due to the cold weather.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.