Doug
    Local Date
    09-25-2024
    Local Time
    10:44 PM
    My Videos in Video Club

Question Reproduction Lee Enfield .303 No.4T Sniper Rifle Bracket

Anyone ever tried this repro mount?

Lee Enfield .303 No.4T Sniper Rifle Bracket - eBay (item 260537150333 end time Jan-19-10 21:14:22 PST)

Up for auction is a very high quality reproduction No.4T mount. I started having my own mounts built after having several run ins with the mass produced Chinese mounts. I have been to the range pulling my hair out with those mounts. I've had them on original T's or sniper builds and they never maintain Zero. The problem with the Chinese mounts are the rings are out of alignment or the bar between the rings has a slight bow. In-turn this ever so slightly causes the scope tube to torc interfering with accuracy. I also have had problems with the feet of the bracket mating to the rifle body pads. I'm very fortunate to have a friend who is a master machinist with a complete machine shop with casting capabilities. He has no overhead and that keeps the cost of producing these mounts down. He is also a perfectionist and his quality work and high standards take up alot of my time. When the brackets first get to me I work on one at a time. I start with the rings and hand lap them. I then mount the scope to the rings and torc the screws down to 35 IN. LBS to ensure uniformity. I attach the bracket and scope to the rifle and bore sight them. I repeat the mounting process three time's and if the bracket does not return to exact Zero it is scrapped and I move on the next bracket. When the bracket passes I then stamp the front and back rings with 3 digit corresponding numbers to ensure the front does not get mixed around and end up on the back. This numbering system can be seen on originals as done by Britishicon Armourers in WW2. I then put on the correct Black Phosphate finish that makes all the difference. I'm sure you can see the difference in the photos compared to the Chinese mounts. Please look at my Feedback. All the mounts and pads I have sold in the past everyone has druled over and loved. 100%. I pride myself in your satisfaction.
    Regards,
    Badger
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Last edited by Badger; 01-19-2010 at 09:40 PM.