The "Powers that be" here, as a result of lobbying from the anti gun people, have decided that the number of Hi-Cap semi autos (assault rifles, or military style semi automatics) in the country, shall not increase. So, they have introduced a policy that requires you to hand one in "for destruction", if you want to import another one. If you don't "hand one in", you get no import authority. I've just found out that some guys are handing in Carbines, "for destruction", so they can import an AR15. It's actually worse than that, these guys, if they don't own an M1icon are actually prepared to buy one from someone else, to hand in for destruction, so they can get an AR15 import permit. It's very sad to see Carbines go this way. There's talk of a legal challenge to this requirment as it is not actually a ratified LAW. It is, in the view of collectors here, an example of a law enforcement agency (Police in this case), pushing their authority a little too far. Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti Police, as I was a member for a long time, so can understand their opinion. Just hate to see Carbines being chopped up this way. Will up date. Mike.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.