I got my Long Branch out to the range the other day for the first time. Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the gun. It grouped nicely. The only issue I experienced was with ejection. The gun would feed, fire, and extract the empty casing without a problem, but it would not throw the casing out of the receiver. If I worked the bolt gently, the empty case would pretty much just lay on top of the magazine. If I worked the bolt more firmly, it would pop the empty case, just outside of the gun (usually bounce out on the stock, and hit the table). I'm new to all of this, and have no knowledge about the No4 MK1* bolt. I assume the extractor is fine, since it had no problem pulling the empty cases out, but I'm guessing there is a spring in with the extractor that is worn out. When working the bolt, the extractor does not look to move at all. I took the bolt head off to see if the extractor was frozen, and I can move it with some difficulty. The bolt head has the markings of an F, a crown, and the number 3. Anyone know what is wrong with the gun. Could it be gummed up, or is there a part I'll need to replace?

Thanks for any help.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.