Today I bought an NOS Long Branch 7.62 extractor for my DCRA rifle. The seller told me the right way to install the extractor spring without breaking it, it worked very well. He said he was told how by an old army armourer.

I installed the extractor.(the rifle had a .303 one on it) When feeding some blue plastic blanks it cycles well, ejection is so so but there is some. However, when I tried to feed some Canadianicon Military ball(the rounds that come in those green plastic bandoliers) they seem to hang up on the extractor. Holding the Canadian rounds case head to case head with the blank, they are actually wider.
Does anyone know if those extractors need to be fitted, and if so what needs to be done?

Re ejection: I got some longer 3BA screws from Enfield Lock in Englandicon. My LB has the 4/47 AJP rear sight, which needs a longer ejection screw anyway, so the longer screw was needed also for that...I set the screw in just far enough so it doesn't hit the bolt head...ejection is so so. This seems to be the way it is with Sterling magazines, they feed well but ejection is an issue.

I was told Sterling had two different ejector setups, one the hole drilled with the little top hat plunger, the other a track machined inside with a little spring dohickey on the inside...
Any insights welcomed.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.