Hello Milsurpers,

Recently obtained a Russianicon SVT40 Tula 1942 semi auto rifle. The stock has several markings on it as well as what appears to be the serial number stamped into the left side of the butt.

The only detractor to this rifle, is that some previous owener appears to have tried to mount a scope to it. It does NOT have the scope mount slits on the receiver. On the left side of the receiver, three small holes have been drilled/tapped on a scribed line parrallel to the receiver. The stock has been cut/notched below it. I took a Mosin/Nagant PU scope mount and it fit into the cut/notch damn near perfect.

Question.......is it possible to mount the Nagant PU scope mount to the SVT40?

Question 2.....Since the rifle has already had this work begun, should I look into completing it? Does the Sniper Rifle Match require CORRECT/Authentic scope mountings?

Question 3......If NO to question 2.....should I close in the holes and rework/patch the stock?

I do not want to replace the stock because of the markings. But it could use a light sanding an some finish.

Thanks, Pals!

Jason
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.