My uncle Carl was a Marine during WWII and served during the battle of Saipan. Uncle Carl had little to say about the war and regrettably, I did not know him as I wished I had ... he died in 2010.

When Carl returned from the war, he brought with him a rifle. My dad, also a former Marine, has the rifle in his gun cabinet. With some coaching, Dad mailed some images of the rifle and asked that I help identify the make and model.

I grew up hunting and shooting. I shot competitively for years and to this day, I shoot and reload on a regular basis. I own numerous modern rifles, shotguns, pistols and revolvers ... I own and shoot two Garand's, an M1icon Carbine, and several Chinese and Russianicon rifles BUT I know nothing of Japaneseicon rifles.

So, If I may ask, I would like some help, please ... Any input that will help me identify this rifle will be greatly appreciated ... Thank you

By the way, the rifle, regardless of value, is not for sale ... one day, my grandkids will have it stored safely in their gun safe ... telling their kids about their great-great-great uncle Carl ... a Marine during WWII.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.