Located this rifle last weekend and now it is time to attempt to "unbubba". Looks simple enough.
Attachment 31675Attachment 31676Attachment 31677Attachment 31678Attachment 31679Attachment 31680 No 1 Mk III* 1941 nice bore ,reciever and bolt match,recoil reinforcing plates installedVery lightly import marked JCC Ny,Ny under charging bridge on the right side. I believe the wood to be coachwood and therin lies the problem. BDLicon has the upper handguard but not the forend. I would like to replace the forestock with coachwood but it seems as though those are a bit difficult to find. Anyone have any ideas as to where I might start to look? Or should I try to stain to match a beech to match the coachwood? The buttstock is well marked (although faintly) and sound so I would like to retain it. Please see the photos and comment freely on this question or anything interisting I missed with the markings etc..
Thanks as always.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.