I have questions on the 5 mil serial number Winchesters. Trying to cover 5,573 mil to 5,811 mil.
Being near the transition makes finding this info tuff to nail down.
Has anyone noticed a certain range of use of the Winchester Flat Hammers marked W on one side and S on the otherside early in this block or later?
Or found with mixed use thru this 5mil serial range?

Same question (more or less) about the W marked (Not The White Hammer) Winchester Flat hammers. Are they Found early or later in the block?
Or also found mixed in this range?

Now the WRA Type IIA magcatch. Have originals early in the 5 mil been found with the Type IIA magcatch? I would expect to see the use of Type IIA Magcatch early, then the switch to the Type III magcatch.
But if so at what range?

Guesses appreciated along with your experiences, or a reference to a CC Newsletter covering this would be most helpful if you could point it out. At this point I do not own all the CC back newsletters, just some early ones passed to me after I joined from a longtime original member and roughly the last 3-4 years worth.

Any input much appreciated,
Charlie-painter777
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.