Hi, I have had an original No4T Barrelled action for a while with the intent on one day building it into a working rifle.

Over the last months i obtained all the components needed to assemble the rifle....action parts, NOS woodwork, reproduction No32 Scope and mount, ...

I stripped the action removed all the old finish and corrosion using a product called "Evapo rust"......

I fitted the action to the woodwork..... then fitted the trigger components and set up the trigger ......it ended up a better trigger than my original BSA No4T...

Before finishing the stock and metal work , i assembled everything and did some range testing with the Repro No32......... all went well....initial groups at 100mtrs were around 1 MOA..... The repro scope actually performed very well.

All metal parts were then phosphated.. and the rifle assembled......

Even though it is a "bits" rifle, i am very happy with the results.... my opinion is it is better in this "non orginal" configuration where it can be used and enjoyed than put away somewhere to deteriorate over time..

Some pics of the Rebuilt No4T and also along side my original all matching No4T..

Hope you like...
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.