Afternoon Everyone,

My grandfather recently handed down some firearms to me, namely this 1903a3 that's been sporterized. I initially thought that it was just a stock change, so I've bought a stock and the metal furniture but found out that the barrel wouldn't work with the stock because its 2in short and the sights wouldn't allow the use of the end cap anyhow. My question to you is if you think it would be worth it trying to throw a period correct barrel on and then put the stock I have on it... or simply call it a sporter and look for another 1903 down the road. I've got no money into this minus the 125 for the stock and metal furniture (I've "stained" the GI stock with Tung Oil to keep it looking at least somewhat correct)

I've looked up the rear sight... they've clearly taken the GI sights off and put what appears to be a Lyman 48? Feel free to correct me on that. I know that they drilled the reciever to put it on... so does that automatically mean that this rifle won't be worth much more than 400 bucks?

I know I've asked a lot, but any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Kyle

Attachment 44197Attachment 44198Attachment 44199Attachment 44200
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.