Well this was unissued...ikky job,

1) The barrel groove wasnt cut deep enough on the left hand side it fouled the barrel....long dremeling and hand smoothing to sort, 20 thousands of an inch clearance all along now..
2) Worst thing the stock was 40thou, 1mm too long...it fouled the foresight I could have used a 4lb hammer I guess
3) The above made me misjudge the amount to take of the draws so I overcut, now I have to put in new draws blocks, damn.
4) There is a 45deg cut at the wrist face to flat that the receiver sits on at the upper rear of the forestock, that was fouling, I needed to curve that to match the curve on the receiver....that caught me out for ages.
5) The wood forestock wood now sits very nicely onto the wrist with good contact both sides but I think it took me over an hour of hand sanding to do...plus I had to keep shortening until I got 0.8mm or 33thou clearance between the foresight block and lower nose cap.
6) Converting it to a 1/2 from a 1 went well, I used a 16mm router bit....and 8mm radius bit I used New Zealandicon Rimu (oak like).
7) I have 9 1/2 turns to bottoming the king screw (haha Peter couldnt resist) SCREW, guard trigger....5 1/2 with the collar in so some shortening there....off to find how much.
8) When they cut the mag well they over cut on the left hand side there is no support on that side for the Guard, trigger so Im adding a 1.5mm / 60 though sliver of rimu 1inch deep all along that side to restore support, I have some match grade bedding compound coming, I'll use a bit of that as glue.

So much for buying off ebay....not that I has any choice really....

Still Im happy in the man cave, so all good.

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.