I just picked up an unusual 1905 Ross that has absolutely no markings on the stock. The stock looks 100% original and it is definitely a military model as there is no serial number on the barrel and it does have the proper acceptance stamp on the barrel chamber. It is not a US purchase model and I grabbed it because it had no stock markings and was a straight Canadianicon model. Any ideas about the lack of markings?? The stock has not been sanded or refinished either.

The only two things that need a bit of TLC is that the tip of the firing pin is broken off (the tip was actually still inside the bolt head). I see that Numrich has the "pin-on" type firing pin and is sold out of the "threaded" type firing pin. How do I tell which one I currently have and need to replace. I assume it is the "pin-on" type as it has the football shaped pin holding the cocking piece on but I am not sure.

Also, the front and rear band screws are incorrect replacements as the front one is a dome head machine screw and the rear is a slightly undersized dome head wood screw. Any ideas on where to get the correct screws?? I assume they are both normal, tapered head wood screws.

And lastly, the front stock cross bolt is missing the little "plug" that goes in the left side.

Thanks,
Eric
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.