This is directed to more to my southern neighbours, though I may get the same info from a fellow canuck. I recently came into possession of some U.S. web gear and I have a few questions. As you will note from the pics, I have a canteen (minus canteen cup) but it seems to have a pressure relief valve in the cap. I've not seen this before and least of all in the gear I was issued when I was in the mob. There's a little pocket on the side of canteen cover. Is it for a small bottle of water purification tabs? On the 3 mag ammo pouch, there are two holders with snaps on each side. What was their purpose? The mags are 30 rnd. standard 5.56, with two being Colt marked AR-15 on the bottom plate and one marked Adventure Line Mfg., but all have the same 5 digit serial number stamped on the side of the mag (62667). The belt itself seems to be nothing out of the ordinary. What era would this stuff be, Vietnam or later? I'm assuming that since the mags are stamped AR-15, they were civilian. Would the milspec mags be stamped M-16? What would this be worth as a package? Any information you gentlemen could give me would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.