Just received my CMPicon IHC Friday. Just got a chance to look it over good today. I was wondering if anyone else got the same results I did. First I applied for the gap letter IHC but was not drawn for that. CMP emailed I could still get a Field grade if I wanted and IHC with LMR barrel which I did. IHC receiver arrived in Field condition no issues but as I opened it up OP rod is SA, bent badly, rusted, barrel is rusted, hand guards hairline cracks, Butt stock hinge rusted shut. Front site has been hammered into place. I have it wiped down, the metal soaking rustoleum rust remover as I write, as everything is rusty on this rifle. I am used to a lot of cosmolineicon and maybe some rust on CMP rifles. This is the most I ever paid for a CMP rifle and by far the worst in terms of condition. My question is this typical of these IHC rifles as we are scraping the bottom of the barrel now or did I just get a junker just by luck of the draw? Interested in your thoughts.
VR
Remo
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.