Thread: New US display completed (for now)

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

Threaded View

FREE MEMBER
    NO Posting or PM's Allowed
    Last On
    07-04-2019 @ 10:43 PM
    Local Date
    06-19-2024
    Local Time
    10:55 PM

New US display completed (for now)

Hey everyone. I've been on an extended break from my job (about five weeks now) and I took the time to organize all of my US militaria together and put together one large display rather than several small ones. I'm not too sure which item would be the crown jewel of it all but it is a several way tie between a few items. First there is my 1st marine division jacket with belt that is named and dated to being made between 1941 and 1942. Next there is the grouping of items my dad brought home from Vietnam including his kabar knife and his helmet (I found a folded up helmet cover in my dad's sea bag that apparently was his when he was an MP stationed at MCAS in Beaufort, South Carolina so I changed out his graffitied cover for this one since I'll be putting the graffitied one into a small frame to put next to his helmet). Then there are the Vietcong captured pieces including the flag my dad captured. Then there is the small Navy grouping that was given to my mom from the gentleman who originally was issued them (Mr. Joe DeVito). He was a friend of my grandparents who did odd jobs for them and he gave them his cook's hat and two rank insignias (one for his service uniform and the other was for his dress uniform). The list goes on and on because there are just so many cool and interesting pieces that make up the entire display. Even the wood wall hangings were brought home by my dad from his time in Thailand during the war.
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Last edited by burb1989; 06-24-2015 at 10:56 PM.