took my L1A1 out on sunday. had soem feedind and ejection issues.
Firstly I noted that I had grabbed a FAL magazine, and secondly this had a block in the bottom to restrict capacity to ten rounds, thus the spring under the follower was a higher pressure than would be normal.

The mag never seemed to be properly seated to me, this i put down to being a FAL mag and also the issue of teh bolt not holding open afte rthe last round (i had to manually push the hold back switch up). But every couple of rounds the empty wouldn't eject OR the new cartridge would be trapped by the bolt with a scratch on the case before it entered the chamber.

Pretty certain that this all comes from having the wrong mag and it sitting lower than normal, but is there anything I'm missing or should be aware of. Could the stronger spring be an issue?

On the plus side, once the SUIT was zeroed to on paper it looked plenty accurate at 100 yards. Will shoot for groups when i get the rigth mag back out there with it.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.