Found this at the Syracuse gun show today and thought it seemed like a neat variant. Just the other day I'd seen some photos of a similar rifle with features just like this one and decided I wanted to pick it up.

The rifle has a ground mum, but the bolt, safety, extractor, and bayonet lug match the serial number. Screws still seem to be staked minus a missing one on the bottom tang of the rifle. I'm not sure if it was removed or if it just never was installed. Stock has cartouches on the wrist, but I have no idea what they mean. I really like the earlier style stock and general transitional features mixed with the Substitute Standard rear sight and bolt.

From what I've read and what the gentleman who sold it to me explained, this series has alot of different variation to it. This one seems to be pretty early. The guy threw in a decent Type 30 bayonet too, so I though it seemed like a decent deal. Any thoughts on it? I'm in about $425, which I though was fair with the transitional features and matching parts.

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.