A little more on topic....

Retro parts like barrels and furniture are getting hard to find and darned expensive. Brownell's has introduced an affordable option with their "retro" products. Besides A1 furniture ($67 a set) and pencil barrels (just over $200 with correct slip ring), they have A1 upper and lower receivers, and tear drop forward assists. They even have slick side chrome BCGs! I used a NDS lower and Colt SP1 upper that I had.

Here it is my faux 602 build...(probably soon to be a Faux-601 if the green painted Brownell's brown furniture works out).
Lower: NDS-601 (pre-1-1-2017)
Lower Parts Kit: Colt
Buffer tube: Colt
Upper receiver: Colt SP1 CM Forge code
Barrel: Brownell's 1/12 twist pencil barrel, chrome lined chamber and bore with DPMS 3 prong flash hider
BCG: Fulton Armory chrome slick side BCG with Stag chrome bolt
Furniture: Brownell's Retro black M16A1 set.
Sling: Original GI
Bayonet: original Colt contract M7 (not Germanicon made)
Mags: USGI 20s (One in weapon is blocked to 10 rounds)
Scope: UltraLux 4X Colt clone from EBay $39!

The new Brownell's retro furniture set is great. My only two major observations are 1) the small shiny edge of the stock where it hits the lower, below lower receiver extension. Need to make it matte with some sandpaper to match the stock. 2) pistol grip by the top is more like modern A2 grip.

Yes, it can shoot!

Iron sights: 25 yard battle sight Each square 1/4" or 1 MOA (at 25 yards)

UltraLux 4X Scope 50 yard sight in
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.