Hello,

I own an Enfield No 4 Mk 2 in fairly mint condition, but unfortunately this past weekend I had a small accident where I broke a hanging, glass lampshade with the tip of the barrel and front sight. I'm quite annoyed with myself over this accident, as the barrel and front sight guard now have some scratches. The front sight guard I don't care about, as it's easily replaceable, but I am worried about the barrel.

Can anyone please recommend what would be a good touch-up solution for fixing these scratches on the barrel? I've looked online and found the Birchwood Casey Super Black touch up pen, but it seems kind of a poor choice. There's also the possibility of buying high heat automotive or BBQ paint and spray painting that on, but that seems like maybe overkill.

I'm not so worried about the look of the scratches as I am about the possibility of corrosion or rust damage as time goes on, although I do know that eventually, after 10-15k rounds, I will replace the barrel anyway.

Photos of scratches attached. Would greatly appreciate any help!

Attachment 95930Attachment 95929
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.