I'm looking to buy a German, Mauser k98k... 7,92... The gun I'm looking at is 1945 dated. Stock is dry, looks like it could've been refinished and left without any oil to protect the wood, or perhaps my assumption could be far off. The seller has described it to me a "last ditch" rifle... The gun doesn't even have a hole near the front cap to insert a cleaning rod, which I found odd. I'm not sure how I feel about owning a last ditch gun, but it's in the price range for me and maybe you guys could talk some sense into me... So I've come here hoping to get some questions answered from the finest milsurp forum there is. Question 1. Was action strength ever compromised in anyway for these late war rifles? Question 2. Is the metallurgy or properties of the steel in the late war rifles just as good as 1940 dated K98ks? Was there any compromise in metal strength, I should say. That's basically all I want to know. I'm sure even when Nazi Germanyicon was scrambling to get every gun they could and trying to get them out the factories STAT, they still probably had high standards, right? At least I would assume so. Or did standard relax a bit??? Thanks a lot mates.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.