I recently came across and have since mislaid a DCM parts list from 1988. Prices were based on original cost to Government and included: bolt, $1.46; stock, $7.00.

Purchases were limited to 2 of each part per calendar year. I ordered 2 of everything for the Garandicon; and for the 03/03A3 Springfield every year for a number of years. (New 03A3 barrel was .50 cents.)

Parts trickeled in from Military depots all over the Country and the Govt. routinely paid much more for postage than was received for the parts. For example there might be two springs from one Depot billed @ .02 cents each with more than $2.00 shipping. It might take a dozen small shipments from a dozen locations to fill my annual order.

I once received a stock with hardware that was heavily coated in cosmolineicon except for an outline of a receiver and trigger group that had obviously been removed. What emerged from the cosmoline was a pristine NFR stock.

I'll come across the complete list again soon (had it on my desk last week) and will post some more numbers for your amusement.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.