up next on my list...this A3.
I'll start by saying it shoots great...but zeroing requires maxing out left windage because the front sight is obviously pointing to 11 o'clock or so.
The blade is not bent.
The witness mark on the receiver is perfectly aligned to the one on the barrel.
When zeroed, a witness mark on the original rear sight housing (yolk holder? whatever) lines up with a corresponding witness mark on the receiver bridge.
My conclusion therefore is that this barrel was made this way - and it is annoying as a left handed shooter to have the rear sight assembly pushed off-center all the way over by 1/4 inch or more.
During manufacturing, was the timing mark on the barrel applied before or after it was put on the receiver? If I unscrew the barrel 1/12 of a turn (maybe a bit less) will this create excessive headspace? Right now headspace is tight, bold barely turns on my Forrester no-go.
Attachment 113869Attachment 113868Attachment 113867Attachment 113866
It was hard to get a good picture that shows what alignment the eye sees. Third pic falsely looks like the blade might be bent only cause the camera lens was off center a bit.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.