Greetings Gentlemen:
Hopefully you will be able to answer my question. I have searched the net and have only gotten more confused as there are so many differing opinions.

I have had a 1942 "Husky" 6.5 M38 Swede for quite a while, Typically I reload for it, though I have used a some PPU ammo to get the brass. While visiting my local shop I found an older box of Norma 139 grain ammo for a great price. I've always heard that it was excellent ammo. Of course all the writing is in Swedishicon, I managed to translate the velocity to 2854 FPS (870m/s).

This seems really high compared to typical U.S. ammo. Some say that U.S. ammo is purposely loaded milder to deal with lawyers and the sue happy environment we are in. Some say European ammo is to hot for the swede, and others say that Norma wouldn't make ammo that would damage these rifles as they are common in Europe. Some say they have used it with no trouble others say no way. Needless to say I am totally confused! I just hope someone out there can give me a definitive answer.
Thank you all in advance.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.