I was given a few rifles by the widow of a friend. One of them is a Jinsen type 38. The breach does not appear to have ever had a mum on it. It does however have about a 1/2 inch circle with kanji symbols on it. I found out that it means "teaching" or for teaching. As to serial numbers, there doesn't seem to be one on the frame. Along the left side of the frame it has the Jinsen identifying mark, with a couple of other unidentifiable Mark's that may have supposed to be serial numbers but cant say. This rifle appears to be in pretty darned nice condition with good rifling and very little corrosion anywhere other than what's on the bottom plate right in front of the trigger.
Looking for help here. I bought a box of bullets and plan on shooting it after I give it a good cleaning, I have heard from an old friend that Jinsen only made about 13000 rifles, and that the ones with this "teaching" markings are pretty rare
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.