Hi.

I've come over at the suggestion of the gunandgame.com forum with a question regarding the best option for my #1MkIII*

A short time ago I found that I had a loose fore-end and a nasty crack running from just forward of the magazine well to about six inches forward of that, dead centre down the long axis of the rifle. How it got there, I can only suspect, and I suspect it was my fault.

ANYWAY... While I'm scheduled to have a gunsmith look at it in the new year, I'm canvassing options should repairs be impossible. One of these is, of course, new wood when and where I can find it. The other is a synthetic stock.

I come asking advice regarding the latter. What can people here tell me about what's out there, and what works best/should be steered clear of? At the same time as I get it put in for stock repairs, I will also be fitting one of these ATI no-drill no-tap scope mounts to see how that goes. If that doesn't work, it comes off and I revert to iron sights for target work.

Thanking all in advance.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.