Quote Originally Posted by USGI View Post
The rear sight is very likely the original. As DaveHH mentioned, it says INLAND on the RH side of your trigger housing. Inland operating slides are usually marked on the inside of the "box." It looks like the barrel has been changed or "monkeyed" with. Does it have the "strange length" like your other carbine? - Bob
Hello Bob,

I thought those kind of rear sights were only for comercials.

Regards
Eddie

---------- Post added at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DaveHH View Post
With all due respect Eddie, you missed the Inland mark on the trigger housing. Inlands are finished as an assembled unit. An Inland barrel and receiver will have an almost black finish and will have a shadow at the point where the barrel enters the receiver, this is where the band is moved to before the final finish is applied. The top of the receiver will also be sand blasted and have another shadow visible on the side where the rough surface and smooth surfaces meet. The number is a #5.4 which is a mid to late 1944 carbine. The trigger housing Inland mark is vertical which makes it probably original to the gun. You may just have a mostly matching carbine that has had the barrel replaced. The stock has what appears to be a cartouche just forward of the oval slot. It could be a Winchester stock as many Win stocks have zero markings in the left side cut out. Regardless, the checkering makes it a nice oddity and a zero collectable. The barrel definitely doesn't look like an Inland. They have a swaged on gas cylinder and it has a very distinct
looking seal at the front of the gas cylinder. Your barrel is probably from some other company or place. Not all barrels are marked beyond a proof mark . NPM proofs with a single punch mark. A Winchester barrel can have a faint W and a very faint Win Proof. Have you disassembled the trigger group and checked the hammer, sear and recoil plate? My inland is also a 5.4 and has a recoil plate mark that is almost invisible.
Hello Dave,

Thank you for your post, I think Im paying my rookie bill.

Regards
Eddie

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

Hello fellows,

I think M1icon is a real cool gun, I red theres a lot fake M1s, Im just trying not to buy a fake one.
I am an aficionado of guns and history too, thats why I love old guns.
Today I will see an other Inland with no checkered stock, wish me luck

Regards
Eddie