01-15-2024 @ 01:58 PM
    Real Name
    Mike Redshaw
    Local Date
    05-24-2024
    Local Time
    09:20 AM

Type 30 Arisaka rifle

I added a new one to the collection and am trying to learn about the Type 30's now. I've done some researching and I think I have a feel, but I know there's a wealth of knowledge in here that might be able to give me even more info.

What I'm seeing so far with this one is that it was taken out of service with the overstamp of hte mum. It does have a number on the butt stock which I would figure to be a rack number, but would I'm not sure if it'd be for a school or maybe even one that was sent to Russiaicon in WWI? A few inches behind the number there's a couple of tacks with a piece of what appears to be a thicker paper still partially attached.

It also looks to have the original style cleaning rod with the brass tip, as well as the original style rear sight that was upgraded for the longer distances with the notch on top.

Overall I'm fairly happy with it. This was a fluke thing that I won it on an auction. It has a line of pitting just above the wood on the stock and was pretty grimed up when I got it. A good cleaning has it looking a lot better, though. The majority of the assembly numbers match, with only a couple of parts that don't. One is even stamped with two different numbers.

I've also found that the spring for the slider on the rear sight is MIA and the spring for the magazine cover release is broken. If anyone has any ideas where to source or how to replace even with something not original, it'd be greatly appreciated.
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

2. Thank You to Catch22 For This Useful Post: