I have recently received a very nice Yugoicon reworked k98. Along with it came a sling and a bayonet. When I took out the bayonet it looked to be in very nice condition, however, when I went to put it on the end of the rifle, It wouldn't fit. It turns out that the groove in the handle of the bayonet wasn't long enough to slide all the way over the bayonet lug. I believe that this is a Yugo bayonet because it has the mussel ring. Is there something different about the Yugo bayonets and the Germanicon ones. Everywhere i looked it said that they all work. Also, It came with a frog that I have never seen before. It has a very wide leather strip and folds over the top with rivets to hold it together for the belt loop. I'm thinking it is what the Yugo's used... Anyway... suggestions on getting a new bayonet or bayonet lug and what the bayonet and frog actually are??? I might sell it to get one that fits if I have to.
Thanks,
Surpman
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.