Greetings,
I posted this on another forum but it didn't seem to be as active as this one, and I didn't get a whole lot of feedback.

I have recently purchased an early Inland that I *believe* may be a complete original. It has a serial number in the 22xxx range which is what initially got me interested. I paid $1,000 so I don't think I'm going to get hurt if you guys find any discrepancies but so far everything is looking right on.

My one uncertainty is the butt plate. It has the straight checkered plate. That being said, there seems to not be much consensus around when the switch from diagonal to straight was made, and I have seen other, similarly serial numbered pieces sold as original with the straight checkering.

I have taken pictures of the pieces that I know to be key indicators of correctness such as the "S" on the flip sight, and the stock markings. The three stampings in the sling well, and the proof stamp on the pistol grip are the only stampings anywhere on this stock. I.e I don't see any indication of an arsenal rebuild.

I would appreciate any and all views of the album and opinions on correctness, and possible value(although it's not for sale, like to know where it stands).

I do not have a bolt disassembly tool so I have not tried to take it apart. If there are any further pictures that would help with diagnosis, let me know and I'll get them posted.

The sling is a repop but the oiler is original to the gun. I'll probably ebay a correct sling for it.

http://imgur.com/a/g68aF
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.