I've been looking for a while. and finally connected on a Cadet. I've found them pretty thin on the ground here in Canadaicon, so am happy to have one now.

Full wood and fully functional (un-clipped or broken), rear peep and hooded front sight. The only markings on the steel are a serial number, 100##, on the left side just where the barrel steps down, and a small "crown over 0" on top of the barrel. A Ross inspection mark?

The only marking on the wood is a "crown over Q" on the underside of the grip behind the trigger guard.

Based on this, a "Commercial Cadet" model, rather than a military cadet like the one in the MKLicon here.

One photo, as it might help illustrate a question I have.

The rifle came with a leather sling...one that looks military and like it was made for this type of rifle as it's a perfect width for the sling swivels. It's an older leather with a metal slider and a brass "cufflink" that fits through two slots cut into the back end. I haven't seen any photos of Cadets with slings so don't know what type of sling they'd have had originally. Any counsel welcomed.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.