Hello Forum members,
I am new to the forum & recently purchased a "Sporterized" Enfield for a brush gun, hunting Whitetail deer here in Montana. I bought it off the used gun rack at Cabela's for $179. It came with a 5 round magazine. It is in excellent condition and, while I am not concerned with an "Original Issue" Enfield at this time, I thought I might look for a 10 round magazine.

I came across one on EBAY with the description:
Canadianicon-Enfield-4-MK1-303-10-Rd-Magazine (on EBAY) offered by gomachine2013
"You are bidding on a mint condition No. 4, Mk. 1 .303 magazine of Canadian manufacture.
The magazine was made by Long Branch in the 1950's and used a US-made Savage spring and follower assembly. The magazine is in mint, new-in-the-box condition.
Condition: New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging

The item remained at $45 up until the last 15 minutes, then a bidder kept outbidding me until the price reached $116 ! I grew suspicious when I received a SECOND CHANCE offer to buy it for my last bid price of $114.
I e-mailed the Seller, first he told me he would sell one to me for $47 and asked for a check. A few more e-mails later he said he didn't know how to use PayPal, except the listing said the only form of payment was via PayPal.
THEN, he sent me another e-mail with the following description/explanation:
To clarify the position on the magazines I would be more than happy to send you some pictures of the ones we have available (on top of the one in the picture in the auction). We acquired a large lot of magazine bodies (ex-Canadian army) some time ago. The same source later found some spring and follower assemblies. It was a simple task to insert these springs/followers into the magazine body and there you go. That's our magazine!
Sincerely,
Bob Silverman

While the magazines may work properly and be worth $47, the listing of:
"You are bidding on a mint condition No. 4, Mk. 1 .303 magazine of Canadian manufacture. The magazine is in mint, new-in-the-box condition.
Condition: New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging

Doesn't match up with:
We acquired a large lot of magazine bodies (ex-Canadian army) some time ago. The same source later found some spring and follower assemblies. It was a simple task to insert these springs/followers into the magazine body and there you go. That's our magazine!

I thought it warranted my posting this information so, if anyone bids on a Canadian-Enfield-4-MK1-303-10-Rd-Magazine (on EBAY) offered by gomachine2013. You will at least be made aware of what you will actually receive.
I hope this post is not a violation of Forum rules and will serve anyone who reads it from falling prey to this misleading offer.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.